This is a great way to use up veggies that are not quite fresh enough for a salad but nevertheless too good to waste.
Marinated veggies make a good side dish for zucchini noodles with marinara or pesto sauce. They also work well as a topping for a green salad.
The veggies listed are just a suggestion. Feel free to use your favorite vegetables or whatever you have on hand.
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 zucchini, sliced
- 1⁄2 yellow pepper, julienned
- 1⁄2 cup asparagus, sliced on the diagonal 1⁄4 cup red cabbage, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon shallots, chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped finely 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon rosemary or thyme, chopped finely
- Himalayan salt to taste
- Combine marinade ingredients in bowl.
- Add prepared veggies and marinade for at least several hours or overnight.