Here is a Mexican twist on a classic raw chocolate avocado mousse that also includes orange and spices. It is perfect for invigorating and warming you up in the cooler weather.
This dessert is quite rich and pretty intense due to the chili so I recommend serving it in small portions.
If you are sensitive to cacao then go with the carob option instead and it will still be delicious.
- 1 medium avocado
- 5 tablespoons raw honey or maple syrup
- 6 tablespoons raw cacao or carob powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash of ancho chili, cayenne or chipotle (optional)
- 3 drops doTERRA wild orange oil
- Pinch of Himalayan salt
- 1⁄4 cup fresh squeezed orange juice, as needed
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth and creamy. If it is too thick you can add extra orange juice or water. Place into a sealed glass jar in the fridge to chill for at least an hour.